Think you know tuna salad? Think again. This totally unique and totally on-trend tuna salad recipe uses authentic Asian flavors to create a power-packed bowl that tastes like hand-rolled sushi. Start with high-quality tuna steaks – yellowfin tuna or ahi tuna is best – like the ones from World Port Seafood. Some might call this a poke bowl, others a tuna salad, but whatever you call it, you’ll make it again and again.
Ahi Tuna Sushi Salad Bowl
Miso Glazed Tuna:
- 6 6 oz. World Port Seafood Yellowfin Tuna Steaks thawed
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. wasabi paste
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 cups loosely packed torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame cooked and cooled
- 3/4 cup sliced pickled ginger
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 2 sheets toasted nori shredded
- 3 Tbsp. sesame seeds
Miso Glazed Tuna
- Preheat oven to 425?F. Pat tuna steaks dry with paper towel. Stir together miso, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over high heat; cook tuna, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Brush miso glaze evenly over steaks.
- Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake in center of oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until medium-rare in center; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Flake into large pieces with fork.
- Toss together carrots, vinegar, salt and sugar
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes or up to 4 hours. Drain well.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, wasabi paste, sugar and salt.
- Divide iceberg, arugula, tuna and green onions among 6 bowls.
- Top with pickled carrots, cucumber, edamame, pickled ginger and radishes.
- Whisk vinaigrette and drizzle evenly over each salad.
- Top with nori and sesame seeds.
- Serve with additional wasabi and soy sauce.
- Add avocado slices to salad if desired.