When we’re busy, when our minds are too full to dream up a never-before-seen seafood dish, we turn to old favorites. This easy, always-fresh, always-delicious shrimp pasta recipe is a go-to for many chefs and staff at World Port Seafood, and for good reason – you simply can’t go wrong pairing tomato, basil, and garlic with tasty, succulent, juicy shrimp. Of course, we’re using our Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp, big shrimp with extra-sweet meat. Use whatever you like, and don’t be afraid to toss in more herbs and veggies!
Bruschetta Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb. World Port Seafood Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp
- 12 oz linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup packed torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp to skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until just starting to turn pink.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, cooking liquid and salt to skillet. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Divide among 4 plates. Sprinkle with pepper.