Shrimp scampi is a must-have recipe in any home cook’s book. It’s easy, it’s super-tasty, and even kids love the rich flavor of the sauce paired with sweet shrimp. Follow this simple shrimp scampi recipe for a classic presentation of the dish, and don’t be afraid to add your own twists. This version has the traditional buttery garlic sauce but is made with Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp, which are a lot like lobster in taste and texture, for an unforgettable experience.
Classic Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb. World Port Seafood Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter cubed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and red pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add shrimp, salt and pepper; cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Transfer to plate. Stir white wine and lemon juice into pan; bring to boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Swirl butter into pan; return shrimp to pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Serve over rice or pasta, or with crusty bread.