Like an Alfredo meeting carbonara, this delicious and simple skillet pasta is laced with meaty slices of yellowfin tuna.
Fusilli with Tuna, Cauliflower and Pancetta
Servings: 6 people
- 6 6 oz. World Port Yellowfin Tuna Steaks
- 12 oz. fusilli pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper divided
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pancetta for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy around edges. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towel–lined plate.
- Season tuna with salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. In same skillet, cook tuna, turning once, for about 6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to plate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice.
- In same skillet, cook cauliflower, shallots and garlic over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in wine; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream. Reduce heat to low; bring to simmer.
- Add pasta to skillet; cook, tossing gently with sauce for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add Parmesan, butter and parsley, tossing to coat. Stir in tuna.
- Divide among plates. Scatter pancetta over top; sprinkle with remaining pepper.