Always wondered how to make salmon cakes? It’s easy! This classic salmon cakes recipe makes the perfect dinner party appetizer – or serve with a green salad for a light lunch. This recipe uses World Port Seafood Wild Salmon Fillets and bright Omaha Steaks Lemon Pepper Rub to make a fresh and tasty version we love. Capers can be polarizing, so it’s no problem if you leave them out.
Lemon Pepper Salmon Cakes with Capers
- 6 6 oz. World Port Seafood Wild Salmon Fillets
- 1/3 cup olive oil divided
- 2 tsp. Omaha Steaks Lemon Pepper Rub divided
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 4 green onions finely sliced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. capers chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar 6 oz Omaha Steaks Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400?F. Brush fillets with 2 tbsp olive oil; season with 1 tsp Lemon Pepper Rub. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish just starts to flake; let cool completely. Flake salmon into large chunks into large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook red pepper, green onions, celery, garlic, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Let cool completely.
- Keeping salmon chunks intact, gently fold together salmon, red pepper mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, mustard, dill, Worcestershire sauce and remaining Lemon Pepper rub. Divide into 16 portions and form into patties. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat; in batches, cook salmon cakes, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate and serve with Lemon Dill Tartar Sauce.